Thank you for your interest in becoming a reviewer for Sigma.
You will be required to complete ALL of the information below for your online application. Please note, the system will not allow the application form to be partially completed. You must complete all of the required information before the form will save. We suggest you have this information ready before beginning an application.
Within the online application process, we ask that you indicate if you are interested in being a reviewer for "Sigma Grants" and/or "Sigma Abstracts", you will also be required to indicate the expertise areas in which you feel competent to review. For this section, you can select multiple options. Putting down more abstract areas will not mean that you have to complete more reviews.
Application process opens: Wednesday, 1 July 2020
Deadline for applications: Wednesday, 30 September 2020 (11:59 p.m. PST)
Reviewer Information Form
You will need to enter the following information:
- Full Name
- Address (Work and Home)
- E-mail Address
- Secretary/Assistant Information (if any)
- Sigma Membership Information (current membership status, membership number, chapter name/number and region; if a current Sigma member)
- Include basic preparation through highest degree held. Please show for each degree: degree, year -- institution name, city, state -- major area of study. Separate each entry with a line break.
(e.g., "BS, 1973 -- Tufts University, Somerville, MA -- Nutrition")
- Peer-Reviewed Presentations
- List peer-reviewed presentations from state, regional, national, or international conferences within the last seven (7) years.
- List manuscripts published within peer-reviewed or scientific journals within the last seven (7) years.
- List title and type of grants (e.g., research, EBP, education) for ongoing and completed work received at a state, regional, national, or international level within the last seven (7) years..
- Reviewer Experience
- List all experience as an abstract reviewer, journal review panel member, and/or grant reviewer at a state, regional, national, or international level within the last seven (7) years..
- Reviewer Preferance
- Interested in being a reviewer for Sigma Abstracts and Sigma Grants
If you are interested in reviewing for "Sigma Abstracts", you will be also required to indicate a minimum of one abstract area in which you feel competent to review.
- Areas of Expertise - Click here to view
- Reviewer Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- * New for the application process - required to be complete by new and returning reviewers
- Uploaded a Curriculum Vitae (CV) as a PDF file (*.pdf).
Notifications of final decision will be sent via email by the end of October 2020.
All communications regarding reviews will be sent via e-mail, so please provide a permanent, long-term address. Please do not use an AOL.com email address, as they often reject mass emails, such as those sent by Sigma.
* All online reviewer applications MUST be completed by 11:59 p.m. (PST) on Wednesday, 30 September 2020.